Friday, September 12, 2008

RAIN!?!

Now, we have to decide how determined we are. There is rain scheduled for our first mountain's weekend. I think we'll skip camping tonight and decide in the morning whether the hike is a go.

This is pretty disappointing, not in the least because we had our favorite campsite in Franconia Notch reserved (and we NEVER get that site!)

My daughter is fine - she wanted to attend the High School football game anyway. This may be a sign. There will always be alternatives to heading out for a weekend of camping and hiking - hopefully she will grow to consider this as much fun, albeit in a very different way, as teenage social activities. Inviting friends (hers and mine?) along might be our answer!